6.02.2007

Day Seven: The first weigh in


I stepped onto the scale after a week of low-carb eating and I must say I feel completely frustrated. Please hand me something really heavy so I can break my scale, will you? I'm down two pounds. Yes, only two pounds lighter. I really thought I lost more than that, even my pants felt looser a couple of days ago! Now, I must be doing something wrong. Last year when I did Atkins, I lost at least five pounds after the first week. I felt really confident this week that I was doing everything right. But no, obviously I'm not.
Now, let's see why I didn't lose more. I did drink a lot of diet coke. It's that time of the month. I had this very heavy gravy in a restaurant. That's all I can think of. I hope at least one of these things can account for the mere two pounds lost.
I did read somewhere that the second time doing Atkins is not the first time. We tend to lose the weight slower.
I'm extremely frustrated right now. When will this weight come OFF? This week coming up I'm going to be extremely careful of everything I eat and drink.
And thinking on the positive side, at least I lost two pounds. At least I didn't gain, right? Right? Right...
Have you guys gone through this? Thinking you made a respectable effort and actually not losing a respectable amount of weight?

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Do not despair! The fit of your clothes is actually a better measure of how you're doing than that stupid old scale. I know you were expecting huge losses but 2lb in a week is pretty great. Also if it is that time of the month, next week could see a bigger loss. My own monthly weight graph goes from week 1-4 as medium, slow, no loss, big loss. (Well, bigger anyway assuming I didn't cave to cravings.)
Meanwhile two pounds is good! Next time you're in the grocery store hold two pounds of butter in your hands and know that this is now off your body.

The Fatsuit Girl said...

Thank you so much for your support Lynn! I actually weighed myself this morning and I'm down two more pounds...thank you!

katrina said...

Good Job! I have been doing low carb and trying to be really good. It's that time for me too, so I am not going to weigh until next week. I've had really awful cravings though... and I ate some ice cream once, but not too much. I find low carb difficult in social situations. I just need to be strict on myself.

As far as research, I looked into the "kimkins" and found that it is pretty much the way i do low carb anyway. I generally prefer lean meat, and I try to stick to under 20 carbs. I need to post though, I am more head strong in my diet when I am posting.

Are you taking any summer classes this year? I've got a pretty heavy load. I am really worried about Accounting... I guess we will see how it goes.

The Fatsuit Girl said...

Hi bigfatbride,

I'm happy to hear you've been good, It's worth it!!
Fortunatley I'm not taking summer classes, just working part time, which makes it easier to stick to Atkins since i have more free time.
Posting has been helping me a lot, it makes me motivated and It's good to hear from people who are going through the same thing i'm going through.

Good luck with your accounting!