5.31.2007

Day Five: The end of the bulging


I promised myself that I wouldn't be obsessessed with the scale when I started Atkins. And I haven't but I'm pretty sure I've lost some weight. I feel that my pants are looser than they were five days ago, which is awesome because I don't have to spend half an hour trying to find a top that will cover up my stomach bulging from the pants.
I've been feeling great lately, like I'm really achieving something. I made this low-carb Sheppard's Pie the other day and it turned out delicious. This is actually one of my favorite low-carb recipes. And it's good because it's actually a big pie and it lasts a couple of days. I wonder what it would taste like if I substituted the green beans by spinach...I have to try that. I even took a piece to work to eat at lunchtime and my co-worker could not believe I could eat the low-carb Sheppard's Pie and be on a "diet." It's kind of funny to me that with the ever-growing popularity of low-carb eating a lot of people still don't understand low-carb eating. They think it's kinda weird and that I'm not going to lose weight (that's what it sounded like when my co-worker said : "You're not on a diet! Look at what you're eating!"). Well, time will show her.
For the low-carb eaters and others who are following another plan: Were you ever criticized for your nutrition plan? How did you react?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I got everything from eye-rolls to anonymous magazine clippings about how low-carbing will ruin your kidneys and heart. However, being nearly 300lbs and miserable once the weight started falling away there wasn't much anyone could say.
When someone asks what I eat I say "6oz of protein, steamed broccoli or similar and a salad". Who can talk back to that?

katrina said...

I have been criticized by my sisters (not in a mean way). My oldest sister is a doctor and my middle sister is an ex-model. They really just don't understand because they have never had weight problems like me. I think they expect weightloss to be the same for me as it is for them. But, thin comes easily for them. We all eat the same way, but I have to work extra hard not to gain and gain. It has always been that way though, I was a chubby kid.