5.28.2007

Day Two: Oh...those menus are outta here!

Yesterday I had to pull a double shift, eleven hours. It was pretty tough to resist buying a sandwich at the coffee shop across the street from my job. However I walked to McDonalds and got their ceasar salad, which I must admit is pretty good. I know their sauce is heavy so I only had half of it. Had a diet coke and I was good. The salad with the chiken is filling, so I was ok until about seven o'clock, when I went to the coffee shop and bough some cheese.
I was hungry by the time I got home and really tired. I wondered about ordering and not cooking at all because I was so tired. Those evil menus are out of this apartment from today on, I cannot bear having them around, the temptation to get food ready at my door has to stop. I didn't order after all. I thought "but If I do order, I'll have to restart Atkins all over again, I'll feel like crap after I eat and all the effort made the day before would be in vain." So I made some meat and ate the rest of the egg salad I had made the day before. It worked. The truth was that I wasn't hungry for a specific food, that is, the junk food from the menus, but was just hungry in general, and the easiest solution was to pick up the phone and call. It's always good to have some food ready at this phase, while the pounds still haven't come off, as a motivation to not make stupid mistakes. I know that when the pounds do start to come off I will be stronger about eating right, and the pounds off will be my motivation.
I have been searching for other low carb bloggers, and I did find some, which makes me not feel so alone doing this. I will soon add them to my links.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hiya F.G.
As a long-term low-carber, sometimes blogger and ex-Montrealer I was thrilled to find your blog. Yay you!
For lunches I find tuna or salmon or chicken with a baggie of low-carb veg and a little container of sugar-free jell-o easy to prepare and it usually keeps me honest. I've found the biggest help is to plan menus and always have lots of good l/c stuff available at home. Starting at the beginning of summer is great - head out to the Atwater or Jean Talon markets and get lots of fresh veggies and maybe some rhubarb or a few strawberries and prepare them on your day off so they're ready when you're tired or in a hurry.
Good luck!
Lynn

The Fatsuit Girl said...

Thank you so much for your support Lynn! The market idea is great! I love the Atwater market, they have great fresh stuff. I've been trying to prepare dishes ahead of time and freeze whatever I can so I can always have something on hand when I don't have time to cook. Thanks again.